Wednesday, June 6, 2007
Scary Connection between Libby and Edmonds
As far as Libby's trial goes, I think that if there is any REAL grounds for an appeal, it may lay within Judge Walton's resume. It's in brief at the end of Edmonds' release for the recusal movement, as follows:
"Judge Reggie Walton was nominated to his position as a United States District Court of Columbia Judge in October 2001 by President George W. Bush. He served as President George H. W. Bush’s Associate Director of the Office of National Drug Control Policy in the Executive Office of the President and as President Bush’s Senior White House advisor for Crime."
I'd say that having been Bush's WH advisor, and protecting the very same administration from prosecution, that could be conflictive. I don't think that Libby's attorneys wouldn't be stupid enough to go this route, but who knows, they have been screaming "scapegoat" at the top of their lungs...does this mean that Libby may roll on those he has lied for? We'll see. If not, I think he has a case based on the very same basis that Edmonds took in 2006 - a judge with a secrecy bias cannot be making rulings on whether or not Libby was lying, especially in a case that surrounds the leaking of top secret information! Don't get me wrong, that treasonous liar should ROT for all that he did. I think Bush will let it ride until the appeal. fails, or he is near leaving office before he pardons Libby.
Unfortunately for Edmonds, Judge Walton was promoted to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (FISA court) last month. So I imagine she will have to fight his participation again in the future, IF her request for Chairman Waxman to hold an open hearing is successful. Vist my post, Let the Whistleblower Speak! for more information, and how to contact Waxman to get the hearing we deserve on this incredibly important matter.
What I find extra incredible is the public support for pardoning Libby. Those people are just as treasonous as Libby! Aiding a treasonous criminal. Why would any red-blooded American want this guy to get-off free on this? He had his chance to give up others involved, and he had a chance to bargain I'm sure. Let him appeal, let him have his case retried, or better yet, let the investigation begin again! When are Americans going to finally stand up for each other? When are patriots going to be treated like heroes again?
- Update on Cheney's Rogue Nation: On the 21st, the...
- Cheney: A Rogue Nation
- JFK on Secrecy Destroying Freedom
- Olbermann on Freedom, Fascism, and Dissent
- Former War Criminal, Peace Envoy Candidate
- Tell the Senate you want them to Support the Fair ...
- Last Week's Edition, Published Here
- Who are we so afraid of?
- Fear Fuels All Evils
- JFK Threat a Farce
- Scary Connection between Libby and Edmonds
- Media-opoly - School House Rock Style!
- Let the Whistleblower speak!
- Our "Fair and Balanced" media coverage...
- We Had an Answer in 1978
- How Much Further Can They Stretch it?
- ▼ June (16)
- "Oh Lucy! You Gotta Lotta 'Splainin To Do" 9/11 Timeline
- 14 Characteristics of Fascism / Corporatism
- Contact Congress
- Downing Street Memo Timeline
- Freedom to Fascism
- From the Wilderness Timelines
- GovTrack.us - Track Legislation!
- Impeachment Evidence Files
- Iraq for Sale
- Peace, Propoganda, & The Promised Land
- The Power of Nightmares
- Truth & Lies of 9/11
Been there, Listen to, Support that
- BRAD BLOG
- Center for Constitutional Rights
- Common Dreams
- CROOKS & LIARS
- EAT THE PRESS
- Editor & Publisher
- Fair Vote
- FROM THE WILDERNESS
- Greg Palast
- Guardian Unlimited
- Harrison on the Edge
- Media Matters
- RAW STORY
- Ry's Anti-Neocons
- Sign of the Times
- Thom Hartmann
- TPM MUCKRAKER
- What Really Happened
- the Left Paw
- I had been writing a News & Politics column for an online magazine for a little over three years, and just last fall opened this blog to continue publication. I also had the pleasure of being the associate producer for a progressive talk radio host for about a year. Alittle of everything... I've advised small businesses, and I paint all kinds of things (boxes, figurines, greeting cards, personalized children's and other dish-wares, decor...). I still paint when I can, but mainly I'm manage a wholesale company for a Fair Trade, eco-friendly Jewelry & Homewares designer/producer out of Bali called, Verlu. You can see a full catalog of our line on the website, and there is now a list of our retailers for you to visit too. "Wear in everybody's Good Health!"