Friday, June 22, 2007
Cheney: A Rogue Nation
Hmmm...what exactly would Cheney be so keen on hiding since 2002? After all, in his own words, if you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to worry about - right? Or as LT. Col. Robert Bowman (former director of Advance Space Programs Development for the U.S. Air Force in the Ford and Carter administrations, founder of the Institute for Space and Security Studies) stated, "If the government has nothing to hide, why is it hiding everything?"
Let's take a look at just a few of the issues Cheney is believed to have abused the intelligence department over:
Cheney's Energy Task Force Meetings
Classifying Documents at an Unprecedented Rate, as soon as he set foot in office
Forcing Evidence to Materialize in order to build a case against Iraq.
Outing of a covert CIA agent Valerie Plame
Manipulating Congress to protect CIA, so they can be exempt from bill baring torture of detainees.
Cheney even admitted that he spends more time with the Director of the CIA, than the director does with his own family. Yet historically, visits with the CIA have almost always been with the president, not the vice - and Cheney has made an unprecedented, enormous amount of visits.
This secret nation of Cheney is destroying the US, and nobody has described the dangers of secret government better than JFK. (speech in video below, in the previous blog)
UPDATE (6-25-7): Rep. Rahm Emanuel of Illinois (chairman of the Democratic Caucus) is planning to put Cheney's assertion to the test this week. He is proposing that in the Executive Branch appropriations bill, a cut-off of funding for Cheney's non-Exec. Branch office be enforced. WOO HOO!
- Update on Cheney's Rogue Nation: On the 21st, the...
- Cheney: A Rogue Nation
- JFK on Secrecy Destroying Freedom
- Olbermann on Freedom, Fascism, and Dissent
- Former War Criminal, Peace Envoy Candidate
- Tell the Senate you want them to Support the Fair ...
- Last Week's Edition, Published Here
- Who are we so afraid of?
- Fear Fuels All Evils
- JFK Threat a Farce
- Scary Connection between Libby and Edmonds
- Media-opoly - School House Rock Style!
- Let the Whistleblower speak!
- Our "Fair and Balanced" media coverage...
- We Had an Answer in 1978
- How Much Further Can They Stretch it?
- ▼ June (16)
- "Oh Lucy! You Gotta Lotta 'Splainin To Do" 9/11 Timeline
- 14 Characteristics of Fascism / Corporatism
- Contact Congress
- Downing Street Memo Timeline
- Freedom to Fascism
- From the Wilderness Timelines
- GovTrack.us - Track Legislation!
- Impeachment Evidence Files
- Iraq for Sale
- Peace, Propoganda, & The Promised Land
- The Power of Nightmares
- Truth & Lies of 9/11
Been there, Listen to, Support that
- BRAD BLOG
- Center for Constitutional Rights
- Common Dreams
- CROOKS & LIARS
- EAT THE PRESS
- Editor & Publisher
- Fair Vote
- FROM THE WILDERNESS
- Greg Palast
- Guardian Unlimited
- Harrison on the Edge
- Media Matters
- RAW STORY
- Ry's Anti-Neocons
- Sign of the Times
- Thom Hartmann
- TPM MUCKRAKER
- What Really Happened
- the Left Paw
- I had been writing a News & Politics column for an online magazine for a little over three years, and just last fall opened this blog to continue publication. I also had the pleasure of being the associate producer for a progressive talk radio host for about a year. Alittle of everything... I've advised small businesses, and I paint all kinds of things (boxes, figurines, greeting cards, personalized children's and other dish-wares, decor...). I still paint when I can, but mainly I'm manage a wholesale company for a Fair Trade, eco-friendly Jewelry & Homewares designer/producer out of Bali called, Verlu. You can see a full catalog of our line on the website, and there is now a list of our retailers for you to visit too. "Wear in everybody's Good Health!"