Thursday, June 7, 2007
Fear Fuels All Evils
Going back to the tuberculosis thing... Yesterday, there was a bioterrorism drill in LA. Of course, there have been emergency drills going on for decades, but there has been a surge in bioterrorism drills since 9/11. I think the tuberculosis scare provided the perfect opportunity to conduct this test, make it public, and further scare the public into thinking about the "ever looming threat." This is no doubt how Americans have become so willing to give up our civil rights, and those of everybody around us along with them. I was shocked when it seemed apparent that the majority of Americans didn't care about the rights of detainees' right to habeas corpus; don't they understand that even by a grave mistake that they could end up in their position without the ability to even know why they are being detained? Worse yet, there are CIA secret detention centers where there are innocents being held captive, and at least 39 of which are know to have gone missing! In regard to the ongoing rhetoric about bioterrorism goes, I find the latest Presidential Directive especially disturbing. It enables Bush to claim anything he wants an emergency, domestically OR internationally, and completely shut down the authority of congress - essentially calling Marshall Law into effect, and have the entire country at the mercy of White House rule (under the new shadow government defined within this same directive)! I find this new authority that Bush has given himself far more horrific than the "threat" these inept "plots" or even tuberculosis poses (we only need look at the example the government set when they abandoned the health care needs for Katrina victims and 9/11 NYFD to know that there will be no help for us).
I found this well done synopsis of the latest Democratic debates, and it demonstrates what I had said before about how convenient the JFK so-called "terrorism plot" story arrived just in time to try and point the "weak on terrorism" finger right at Democrats once again.
Come on America, stop allowing yourself to be compelled by fear when it comes to making decisions to support policies or when forming opinions. Fear only begets hate, and it always results in hasty and poor decision making, if not down right racism. Not to mention, that it's been the main reason why our beautiful democracy and our civil rights have been allowed to be dismantled piece by piece.
- Update on Cheney's Rogue Nation: On the 21st, the...
- Cheney: A Rogue Nation
- JFK on Secrecy Destroying Freedom
- Olbermann on Freedom, Fascism, and Dissent
- Former War Criminal, Peace Envoy Candidate
- Tell the Senate you want them to Support the Fair ...
- Last Week's Edition, Published Here
- Who are we so afraid of?
- Fear Fuels All Evils
- JFK Threat a Farce
- Scary Connection between Libby and Edmonds
- Media-opoly - School House Rock Style!
- Let the Whistleblower speak!
- Our "Fair and Balanced" media coverage...
- We Had an Answer in 1978
- How Much Further Can They Stretch it?
- ▼ June (16)
- "Oh Lucy! You Gotta Lotta 'Splainin To Do" 9/11 Timeline
- 14 Characteristics of Fascism / Corporatism
- Contact Congress
- Downing Street Memo Timeline
- Freedom to Fascism
- From the Wilderness Timelines
- GovTrack.us - Track Legislation!
- Impeachment Evidence Files
- Iraq for Sale
- Peace, Propoganda, & The Promised Land
- The Power of Nightmares
- Truth & Lies of 9/11
Been there, Listen to, Support that
- BRAD BLOG
- Center for Constitutional Rights
- Common Dreams
- CROOKS & LIARS
- EAT THE PRESS
- Editor & Publisher
- Fair Vote
- FROM THE WILDERNESS
- Greg Palast
- Guardian Unlimited
- Harrison on the Edge
- Media Matters
- RAW STORY
- Ry's Anti-Neocons
- Sign of the Times
- Thom Hartmann
- TPM MUCKRAKER
- What Really Happened
- the Left Paw
- I had been writing a News & Politics column for an online magazine for a little over three years, and just last fall opened this blog to continue publication. I also had the pleasure of being the associate producer for a progressive talk radio host for about a year. Alittle of everything... I've advised small businesses, and I paint all kinds of things (boxes, figurines, greeting cards, personalized children's and other dish-wares, decor...). I still paint when I can, but mainly I'm manage a wholesale company for a Fair Trade, eco-friendly Jewelry & Homewares designer/producer out of Bali called, Verlu. You can see a full catalog of our line on the website, and there is now a list of our retailers for you to visit too. "Wear in everybody's Good Health!"