Tuesday, June 5, 2007
Let the Whistleblower speak!
When Sibel went to Congress the Republicans were in the majority, and Rep. Waxman claimed that they couldn't investigate because a vote would never pass. Now that Waxman is the chairman of the Oversight and Government Reform Committee, he certainly can have the investigation that is owed Sibel and the American public. Sibel is willing to testify again, but she also explains that since she has already given testimony behind closed doors and they already have the information they need; she only wants to testify in an open hearing because she says it's our turn, the public, to hear the truth. Sibel has also said that she has several witnesses from the FBI that are willing to testify with her. Which means that she wants YOU to contact Waxman and ask that there be an open hearing, with everybody involved under oath.
Contact Chairman Henry Waxman by calling (202) 225-3976 or writing to 2204 Rayburn House Office Building, Washington, DC 20515.
If you are in the LA area, call (818) 878-7400 or write to 8436 West Third Street, Suite 600, Los Angeles, CA 90048.
Call and say, "When is there going to be hearing for the Sibel Edmonds case? I want it to be public and I want everyone to testify under oath."
That's all you have to say.
Here is a link to a video of Sibel; it isn't as well produced, but this is the one where she asks the public to demand that Waxman hold the Congressional investigation he promised.
Here is one of the best videos of Sibel called, "Kill the Messenger":
UPDATE (7/22/7): As "shocking" as it might seem, this video has gone missing from it's host. This truly brilliant film was produced by CANAL+ (France's national TV station), the directors said they made it because nobody in the US would or did. On Sibel's own website there is a preview clip and outline of the film. OpEdNews has a great article about it. Sibel is also the founder of the National Security Whistleblowers Coalition, and here is that website's page for the film - the organization is well worth checking out as well. "Kill the Messenger" was screened in DC last February, and here is her speech that she gave afterwards.
Sibel's official website
- Update on Cheney's Rogue Nation: On the 21st, the...
- Cheney: A Rogue Nation
- JFK on Secrecy Destroying Freedom
- Olbermann on Freedom, Fascism, and Dissent
- Former War Criminal, Peace Envoy Candidate
- Tell the Senate you want them to Support the Fair ...
- Last Week's Edition, Published Here
- Who are we so afraid of?
- Fear Fuels All Evils
- JFK Threat a Farce
- Scary Connection between Libby and Edmonds
- Media-opoly - School House Rock Style!
- Let the Whistleblower speak!
- Our "Fair and Balanced" media coverage...
- We Had an Answer in 1978
- How Much Further Can They Stretch it?
- ▼ June (16)
- "Oh Lucy! You Gotta Lotta 'Splainin To Do" 9/11 Timeline
- 14 Characteristics of Fascism / Corporatism
- Contact Congress
- Downing Street Memo Timeline
- Freedom to Fascism
- From the Wilderness Timelines
- GovTrack.us - Track Legislation!
- Impeachment Evidence Files
- Iraq for Sale
- Peace, Propoganda, & The Promised Land
- The Power of Nightmares
- Truth & Lies of 9/11
Been there, Listen to, Support that
- BRAD BLOG
- Center for Constitutional Rights
- Common Dreams
- CROOKS & LIARS
- EAT THE PRESS
- Editor & Publisher
- Fair Vote
- FROM THE WILDERNESS
- Greg Palast
- Guardian Unlimited
- Harrison on the Edge
- Media Matters
- RAW STORY
- Ry's Anti-Neocons
- Sign of the Times
- Thom Hartmann
- TPM MUCKRAKER
- What Really Happened
- the Left Paw
- I had been writing a News & Politics column for an online magazine for a little over three years, and just last fall opened this blog to continue publication. I also had the pleasure of being the associate producer for a progressive talk radio host for about a year. Alittle of everything... I've advised small businesses, and I paint all kinds of things (boxes, figurines, greeting cards, personalized children's and other dish-wares, decor...). I still paint when I can, but mainly I'm manage a wholesale company for a Fair Trade, eco-friendly Jewelry & Homewares designer/producer out of Bali called, Verlu. You can see a full catalog of our line on the website, and there is now a list of our retailers for you to visit too. "Wear in everybody's Good Health!"